Monday Mashups are a collection of interesting book-related items that I’ve found recently.
- I started getting the Orange County, Florida Library Teen Book Club newsletters. They always have a good book to recommend with free excerpts. Today it’s Maureen Johnson’s The Madness Underneath.
- From that, I discovered Author Buzz. I’m sure I’m late to the party on this one, especially in the librarian circles, but anything with new book giveaways needs mentioning.
- YA Book Shelf reviewed Rush by Eve Silver. I like aliens, so I’ve put this on my to-read list. It sounds kind of cool.
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
- Describe one of your reading habits.
- Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
- What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
- Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
- Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
- Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I just got The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening (Book #1) on my Kindle from the library. It’s not usually my type of book (though I read all of the Twilight books.) L.J. Smith has a way of getting the reader engrossed in the story though. I may read a chunk of it before putting it aside but it was something I was mildly curious about, especially since I’m on a diary kick these days. I’ve read the first chapter and it doesn’t seem too bad even though the vampire thing is so over-done. I’ve never watched the show, so luckily I don’t have anything to compare it to as I read. (I just know Boone from Lost is in it somewhere.)
I watch the show so I never got into the books. Maybe I will take a look though.
to be honest im not into vampire tv shows or vampire novels… i just don’t like vampires and blood in general haha.
my musing mondays:
Some vampire books are OK but I have not read many and some I just quit before I finished.