Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I’ve just discovered clean, teen romance novels. I’m slow to realize that this is actually a thing. I read all the Twilight books, and I read Anna and the French Kiss, and those are romance. I like contemporary books, but it never occurred to me that romance books had more than “but he was soooo cute” kind of attitude in the main character.
I bought To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before and My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century. I’m looking forward to some slight fantasy and (hopefully) not a lot of bedroom details. I’m not going to hold my breathe on that with the first book now that I’ve read the reviews. *sigh* I understand it’s part of a teenager’s life, but I don’t remember any of us having books that had light innuendos and flirting. The romance stuff was for adult books – and who the heck wanted to read those at age 16?
Anyway, that’s my new quest in books I can just enjoy and read for entertainment. Wish me luck!
Happy Reading and Happy Monday!