1) I’ve been writing informally since I was six or seven. However, I didn’t complete my first novel-length story (All I’ve Never Wanted) until I was seventeen, and I didn’t share my stories until I was about nineteen and discovered Wattpad.
2) AINW was inspired by a Taiwanese drama I watched called Meteor Garden. I really loved the premise of the show and decided to write my own story based off of the general plot (aka an ordinary girl gets mixed up with a group of popular guys and drama ensues). However, the original drama was a little depressing at points for me, so I decided to make my story more humorous. I love stories that make me smile!
3) It depends. When I first started writing, it was mostly for myself and I didn’t share it with others, so I didn’t have a daily word count or page number to reach. I just wrote whenever I felt inspired. After I started using Wattpad, I aimed to write a new chapter every three or four days. Unfortunately, I don’t have as much time to write now, since life has just gotten really hectic, but I try to write at least a few paragraphs each day.
4). Seeing people actually enjoy and comment on my stories on Wattpad gave me the motivation to keep writing and push through any writer’s blocks I had. Plus, posting chapter by chapter on there also forced me to not procrastinate and actually come up with a timeline for finishing my stories. In addition, the readers’ comments and suggestions were incredibly helpful in gauging what worked and what didn’t, and they gave me a better sense of how to improve my future writing.
5) This is such a hard question to answer, but I generally enjoy works by JR Ward, Gena Showalter, Rick Riordan, JK Rowling, and Larissa Ione. I also love Elle Kennedy’s The Deal, Kate Brian’s Private series, and Stephanie Perkins’ Anna and the French Kiss series.
6) Right now I’m rewriting another story I had posted on Wattpad called If We Ever Meet Again. It’s more realistic and mature than AINW–which, in addition to featuring younger characters, was also written when I was younger–but it’s actually my favorite story I’ve written so far, so I’m really excited to finish the rewrite and share it with everyone!
Title: All I’ve Never Wanted
Author: Ana Huang
The Scions were the four richest, most powerful guys at Valesca Academy, and they ruled the school with iron fists. Everyone wanted to date them or be them…everyone, that is, except Maya Lindberg, who just wanted to avoid them until she could graduate.
She almost succeeded, until an ill-advised outburst on her part put her right in the Scions’ path. Just like that, one became her fake boyfriend, one her unwanted matchmaker, one her guardian angel, and the one she couldn’t stand the most? Yeah, he’s her new housemate.
Ana Huang, better known as ACRL37 on Wattpad, primarily writes Young Adult and Romance. She started writing her first novel, All I’ve Never Wanted, when she was sixteen; it was originally inspired by the Asian manga Hana Yori Dango. Her second novel, If We Ever Meet Again, was loosely based on her own study abroad experiences in college. Her stories currently have a combined view of over 20 million on Wattpad.
Besides reading and writing, she also enjoys shopping, brunch, and traveling.